Please be prepared to discuss the following at the meeting. A written response is not required.
- How has the process for estimating potential environmental mitigation activities built upon the existing consultation process?
- LRTP took a systems level approach by looking at TIP projects (planned and illustrative) to reduce impact of the environment. Resources analyzed included: geographic and topography (scenic resources), geologic features, farmland resources, water resources, hazardous and contaminated sites, wildlife resources, recreational resources, open space and cultural resources (historic sites, other landmarks)
- What opportunities were provided for participation and consultation by State, Tribal, and local agencies responsible for land-use management, natural resources, environmental protection, conservation, and historic preservation appropriate? What outreach activities were used to consult with these agencies?
- Staff held an environmental mitigation consultation open house on 3/31/15 at ECWRPC offices from 10:00am to Noon; staff also sent copies of environmental mitigation chapter to all TMA municipalities, state agencies such as the DNR, WisDOT, DATCP, Wisconsin Historical Society, all of the Native American Indian Tribes and Federal Agencies such as FTA, FHWA, National Park Service, USDA, Army Corps of Engineers. Consultation was via US Mail and E-mail.
- How have discussions with Federal, State, Tribal, and local agencies been documented?
- Comments received are found within the appendix of the LRTP.
- What criteria have been used to assess which activities may have the greatest potential to restore, improve, and maintain the environment?
- Focus on preservation of existing infrastructure and historic sites; multi-modal emphasis of transportation modes (encouragement of bicycle and pedestrian facilities and better use of transit in addition to to automobile.)
- What information and data have been assembled regarding the location and condition of environmental features that might be affected by proposals outlined in the MTP?
- Refer to question 1 with listing of items included in environmental mitigation chapter.
- What resources were devoted to implementing this process, including staff time and partnering with other organizations, such as local resource agencies, in addition to actual funding dollars?
- Significant staff time was spent going to Landmark Commissions of three TMA communities (Appleton, Neenah and Menasha) to discuss LRTP and the environmental mitigation chapter; to gather local feedback on historic sites in regards to the transportation projects.