Serving Calumet, Fond du Lac, Menominee, Outagamie, Shawano, Waupaca, and Winnebago counties.
Principal Planner – Transportation
Application Deadline: Open until filled (applications will be reviewed as they are received)
Interested applicants should submit an employment application, cover letter, and a resume to:
Subject Line: Principal Planner Position
A confirmation email will be sent upon receipt of application materials.
Please save the employment application to your device and complete the fields, sign and date. Please call 920-751-4770 if you have any questions.
East Central Wisconsin Regional Planning Commission is looking for an energetic and dynamic professional for its principal transportation planner position. The Principal Transportation Planner is responsible for working with the Executive Director to oversee the Roadway Division in the Transportation Program. The transportation program includes the Appleton (Fox Cities) Metropolitan Planning Organization (MPO), the Oshkosh MPO, the Fond du Lac MPO, and the Regional Transportation Program. Other planning experience (housing, land use, economic development, public health, GIS, etc.) is considered a plus as this position will occasionally work on other planning projects or programs under the supervision and direction of various Commission staff.
The position is full time at 37.5 hours/week and offers a starting annual salary in the range of $68,253 – $93,832/year (depending on experience and qualifications) plus full benefits, including health insurance, flexible scheduling, paid time off, and participation in the Wisconsin Retirement plan.
▪ Reports to the Executive Director and works with the Federal Highway Administration, Federal Transit Administration, Wisconsin Department of Transportation, and local municipal and county staff.
▪ Manages the transportation program budget and grant deliverables according to federal guidelines provided by the Wisconsin Department of Transportation, Federal Highway Administration, and Federal Transit Administration
▪ Leads and manages a transportation planning team in efforts including but not limited to, long range transportation plans, transportation improvement plans, corridor studies, and specialized transportation coordination plans, etc.
▪ Prepares grant applications and reports to federal and state agencies for transportation projects and programs.
▪ Works with the Executive Director and other transportation staff in the development of the annual Unified Transportation Work Program and budget.
▪ Manages and facilitates complex decision-making processes with multiple stakeholders to find consensus.
▪ Collects and analyzes qualitative and quantitative data, and prepares analytical analyses, presentations, graphics and reports.
▪ Conducts presentations on transportation projects with partner organizations and at relevant conferences.
▪ Works with Geographic Information Systems (GIS) staff to map, visualize, and analyze data.
▪ Bachelor’s in urban/regional planning, geography, economic development planning or a related field required and four years of relevant planning experience or a Master’s degree in urban and regional planning, transportation planning or a related field and two years of planning work experience. AICP is preferred, but not required.
▪ Ability to lead team planning efforts and conduct transportation studies, which requires extensive work with staff, the public, elected officials, and other partner organizations in development and implementation of transportation projects.
▪ Ability to provide effective supervision and staff management while managing projects effectively and meeting firm deadlines.
▪ Experience with managing federal and state grants and working with the FHWA, FTA and WisDOT is a plus.
▪ Ability to proactively communicate with a variety of organizations.
▪ Experience in developing and maintaining effective working relationships with multiple stakeholders to facilitate partnerships.
▪ Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
▪ Organized and able to manage multiple projects simultaneously, with excellent attention to detail.
▪ Advanced level of proficiency and previous experience in a variety of computer software applications, especially web browsers, MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint. Experience with ArcPro and GIS applications and Adobe InDesign a plus.
ECWRPC offers a progressive work environment with excellent fringe benefits including a 37.5 hour work week, health insurance, a deferred compensation plan and membership in the Wisconsin State Retirement program. ECWRPC is an equal opportunity employer.
400 Ahnaip St Suite 100
Menasha, WI 54952
About | Contact ECWRPC | Staff
If information is needed in another language, contact (920) 751-4770.
Si se necesita informacion en otro idioma de contacto, (920) 751-4770.
Yog xav tau cov xov no kom yog lwm hom lus no, hu rau (920) 751-4770